Dr. Karren earned his Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts from the University of Utah. He then went to the Medical College of Wisconsin for his Doctor of Medicine. After receiving his Doctor of Medicine, he went on to an internship and Residency at the Letterman Army Medical Center. He served as an ophthalmologist in the United States Army Medical Corp and most recently worked at The Eye Center in Eugene, Oregon. He is a board-certified ophthalmology surgeon who treats medical and surgical diseases of the eye.
- Bachelor of Arts: University of Utah
- Medical Degree: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Medical Training & Experience: Internship & Residency at the Letterman Army Medical Center, Staff Ophthalmologist at Madigan Army Medical Center, Vice-President at The Eye Center, Medical Director at the Oregon Eye Surgery Center.
- Fellowships & Associations: Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (FAAO), Board-certified with the American Board of Ophthalmology, Society of Military Ophthalmologists.
Honors / Memberships:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Association
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Oregon Medical Association
- Oregon Ophthalmology Society
- Society of Military Ophthalmologists