For some patients LASIK isn't the right fit, that is why we are introducing the EVO Visian ICL. This is generally the case when the patient has corneas that are too thin or refractive errors that are too large for LASIK or PRK to correct. You can still experience Freedom from glasses and contacts and Dr. Richens is excited to debut this groundbreaking new lens to Southern Utah!
What is the EVO Visian ICL?
The EVO Visian ICL is an advanced Implantable Collamer Lens used to correct vision issues like myopia (nearsightedness) with or without astigmatism. With this groundbreaking technology, there is no removal of corneal tissues. Instead, the lens is implanted behind the iris and in front of the eye's natural lens. Working in harmony to reduce or eliminate the need for glasses and contacts, and an added peace of mind it is removable by your doctor.
The Procedure - What to Expect
- Dr. Richens will make a small opening in your cornea through which the EVO will be inserted and positioned.
- The insertion is a virtually painless procedure for most patients with numbing drops administered and typically takes less than 20 - 30 minutes.
- You will typically have immediate improved vision with a quick recovery time.
Benefits of EVO Visian ICL
- Provides clear, sharp vision
- 20 to 30 minute procedure
- Quick recovery time
- Removable by your doctor
- Offers UV protection
- Not visible once in place
- Can treat nearsightedness with or without astigmatism
- For patients who are not candidates for LASIK due to their corneas
- Does not cause dry eye syndrome
- Excellent night vision
Is This Right for Me?
Suppose you are between 21 and 45 and are nearsighted, with a maintained stable prescription for at least one year. In that case, odds are you’re a good candidate. Are you ready to decrease or eliminate traditional contact and glasses costs and frustrations? EVO Visian ICL may be your answer.
Which Option is Right for Me?
What is the expected recovery time?
Recovery time is minimal. There is little pain. One day is not unusual for the patient’s recovery, with many patients returning to work the next day.