Several injectable fillers are available in the United States to temporarily reverse the signs of aging by adding volume and smoothing out wrinkles. Restylane is a popular choice in that it is made from hyaluronic acid, a natural molecule found in most of our bodies; it uses the body’s own moisture to maintain shape and lasts longer than most other fillers.
Restylane is commonly used to:
- Define and add volume to lips
- Fill small depressions; folds
- Fill the hollow beneath eyes
The Restylane procedure is similar to other injectable procedures in that a topical anesthetic may be applied to the treatment area to minimize the pain of the injections. The doctor uses tiny needles to inject the hyaluronic acid into wrinkles, nasolabial or other folds of the skin. It fills out the skins depressions giving you a smoother appearance almost instantly!
What is Restylane®?
These days, when you hear about a dermal filler like Restylane, you're more than likely hearing about a group of products. Restylane is the brand name of a group of hyaluronic acid soft tissue fillers. There are several to choose from. Why? Because all lines aren't created equal! Your cosmetic concerns are too unique to be addressed with one singular product. Restylane has you covered with fillers that are formulated to achieve natural-looking results. These include:
- Restylane Silk. This product is formulated specifically for the lip area. Using Restylane Silk, we can smooth smoker's lines and fine lines around the mouth and also add fullness to the body of the lips, increasing volume and definition.
- Restylane Lyft. This filler is made primarily for the cheeks. It's got more structure and viscosity to lift and contour, as well as fill in hollowness just below the cheekbones. Lyft is also sometimes used to restore youthful plumpness to the backs of the hands.
- Restylane Refyne. This advanced filler is made for mild to moderate nasolabial folds around the nose and mouth, marionette lines, and other concerns that occur in highly moveable areas of your face. This product is manufactured to move with your natural tissue.
- Restylane Defyne. Made with XpresHAn Technology, Restylane Defyne smoothes moderate to severe lines and folds without diminishing the organic movement of facial tissue when you speak and smile.
Do Restylane® Injections Hurt?
Injectable treatments, due to their nature, are expected to hurt. Restylane treatment is usually very well-tolerated in all areas of the face and hands. This is because most products are made using a moderate amount of lidocaine. This doesn't numb the skin but it does very quickly lower sensitivity that could feel uncomfortable. Depending on the treatment area, providers may apply a topical numbing cream before beginning the injectable treatment.
What Areas can Restylane® Treat?
This group of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers is used on the various areas of the face and hands. We may consider a particular Restylane product for:
- Nasolabial folds (smile lines)
- Glabellar lines (frown lines)
Is Restylane® Safe?
Yes! Restylane is an animal-free, toxin-free injectable treatment that is made to mimic the natural hyaluronic acid in your body. As you age, your body makes less of this substance, and also less collagen and elastin. Hence, the progression of lines and wrinkles. With Restylane, we're simply putting this water-binding acid where it can accomplish wonderful effects.
There is very little risk of adverse reaction to Restylane products because they're made using a naturally-occurring substance that's already in your body. The most common side effects that are associated with this treatment include minor swelling and redness at injection sites. You may develop bruising, but a few pre-treatment precautions can minimize this risk. If you receive Restylane lip injections, you may experience swelling that lasts a few days. Usually, side effects last no more than about 72 hours.
What Can I Expect in Terms of Results?
One of the gratifying aspects of Restylane treatment is that you get to see your results immediately. Keep in mind that your filler may settle over the course of a couple of weeks. However, this usually doesn't cause a dramatic change in what you see when you leave the office. The results achieved can last from six months to over a year.
Richens Eye Center proudly provides patients from St George, UT and Mesquite, NV with Restylane injections. Call or Text us 435-986-2020 or fill out our Request An Appointment form.