Fascinating Facts About Your Eyes
- Posted on: Jun 15 2018
- If you have brown eyes you’re in good company. Brown is the most common eye color in the world.
- You’re brain is what sees and comprehends things, not your eyes! Think of the eyes like a camera. They send data to the brain and capture light.
- Your canine companion can’t tell the difference between red and green.
- Two is better than one. This is certainly the case with eyes. We have two so that we can properly assess depth and determine how far away objects are.
- Ever wonder why your eyes get tired after staring at a screen? This happens when you don’t blink enough.
- A newborn will not produce actual tears until they are at least a few weeks old. Until then they still cry, but no tears are produced. Babies are also color blind at birth.
- 80% of vision problems worldwide are curable.
- Accidentally poking oneself in the eye with a mascara wand is one of the most common cosmetic injuries.
- The eyes consist of over 2 million working parts and are by far the most active muscles in the entire human body.
- Do you want to get through your book quickly? Don’t read it on a screen. Studies show that we read 25% faster on paper.
- When the brain senses danger, the eyes will close automatically.
- As we age, we produce less tears.
- While the human eye is capable of seeing hundreds of shades of gray, males are most likely to be color blind.
- One eye is typically always stronger than the other.
- The eyeball weighs about 28 grams and only 1/6 of it is exposed.
- A full half of your brain is specifically for vision and seeing. In fact, 80% of our memories are based on what we see.
Arrange a consultation
Posted in: Eye Care